Happy 200,000 miles Jimmy!!
I can't believe he's getting so old. It's been 8 years together for Jimmy and I. One of the most permanent relationships in my life. (Sad? Maybe.) Though of course Jimmy is just an "thing," something that will one day be sold and replaced. He carries with him connections to some of the most important memories I have growing up. I remember the night I got Jimmy. I was a sophomore in high school, I think. I came home from a concert trip with with my youth group. It was meaningful because I first felt God's call to missions at this concert. When I got home my dad had it sitting in the drive way waiting to suprise me . I was so excited! Jimmy was with me through high school. Driving youth around for sonic and smoothie central stops, relationships, and conflicts. During college we drove to and from Lubbock more times than I can remember. He took me to decorate trees on the side of highways, friends' weddings, and retreats. He listened to me cry, pray, rejoice, and sing. He was the catalyst for some spontaneous evenings and a tour guide for Christmas light tours. I definitely beat him up a few times too. For example, running into a Sonic sign and getting his side mirror taken off because I drove through a gated community the wrong way. Thankfully, he's forgiving. His breakdowns have been few and far between. In fact the one of the few memories I have of us breaking down was running out of gas after my brother's wedding. Oops!There were a couple years in there where Jimmy wasn't with me. My freshman year of college Jimmy stayed home. But we're like old friends; we picked up right where we left off when I came home for breaks and bringing him back to Tech for sophomore year. Then he stayed home while I was in Chicago too. I think this was for the best. I do see him as a gift that can be used to bless others, but last year I was the recipient of that gift. I also received a sense of community from riding the bus and walking down the street. Anyway, now we're reunited again, and whose to say where the Lord will lead us next...
So here's to you Jimmy! Thank you for all you've done! I look forward to more memories in the future!

No comments:
Post a Comment